Most people are absolutely fine to have micropigmentation but unfortunately if you have any of the below conditions you may not be medically suitable. Please note that other medical conditions can make the treatment less effective.
Conditions not suitable for General Micropigmentation
- Daily blood thinning medication e.g. warfarin, aspirin, clexaine
- Allergies such as lanolin, paints, nickle, topical anaesthetics or adrenaline
- Blood disorders such as haemophilia
- Blood borne diseases such as HIV or Hepatitis
- Trichotollomania (Hair pulling disorder)
- Cancer treatment including chemotherapy or radiotherapy within the last year
- Problems with healing of wounds, keloid/raised/thickened scarring
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Severe skin conditions, lesions, keratitis or infections throughout the proposed treatment area
- Skin thinning (acne) medication such as Roaccutane
- Previous semi-permanent makeup/microblading/work/face tattooing*
*Please note we are not often able to correct semi-permanent makeup that has been done elsewhere. If this is the case then you must provide a clear no make-up full face photo and close up of each proposed treatment area in natural daylight (if taking on a phone please use the back camera lens not selfie mode for best quality) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will then be advised as to whether or not it is possible before booking online.
Conditions not suitable for Lash Line Enhancement
- Eye conditions such as blepharitis (red, itchy eyelids and/or flakes/crusts around eyelash roots), glaucoma (fluid build up in the front part of the eye)
- Eye surgery within the last 6 months
- Recurring eye infections or styes
- Restless eyes/lids or rapid involuntary eye movement
Conditions not suitable for Lip Blush
- Severely prone to herpes (coldsores)
- Dark skin tones/lips as this first requires a neutralising treatment which we do not offer
As frustrating as it may be if you are not suitable your safety is our number one priority. Please always make us aware of any medical conditions. If you are at all unsure or worried about whether you would be medically suitable or are not sure which brow technique to have (Microblading/Ombre/Combination – please note for oily skin we recommend Ombre) then you must email us before booking online. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch as we are happy to help.