- Our all-new Dermalogica Pro Power Peel redefines the peel experience. Our strongest and fastest peel yet, the Pro Power Peel collection features a full suite of peel products, including Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs). In this treatment, your skin therapist will create a customized peel to instantly rejuvenate and refresh your skin. With a unique system of three different acids for a deep exfoliation personalised to you, it is ideal to target lines and wrinkles, uneven pigmentation or breakouts. Peel results are dramatically enhanced by a supplementary deep treatment process incorporating powerful IonActive Serum™ Ultrasonic Technology – (Bio-Therapeutic BT-micro Electrical Modality) “Plug Skin into charge” The Beauty Lounge Tettenhall uses therapeutic ultrasound, known as ultrasonic, vibrating sound waves to loosen dead skin cells and allow for enhanced delivery of active ingredients during the IonActive serum. A customised masque and scalp massage OR hand and arm massage will leave you feeling soothed! Your skin is left clear, smooth and glowing!
*Dermalogica Peels are safe and effective and performed by one of our trained professionals you will also need a skin test before your first Peel!
Clients unable to have this treatment with the electrical modalities used are those who are/have…
- Pregnant (electrical current should not be channelled throughout the body)
- Taking or has taken Accutane within the last 6 months
- Using any medically prescribed exfoliating products, clients should discontinue use of such products 2 weeks prior to an IonActive Power Treatment
- Epilepsy (electrical current may trigger a seizure)
- Diabetic (impaired skin sensation)
- Metal implants
- A pacemaker and heart conditions
- Recent sun exposure
Clients unable to have the peel in general are those who are/have…
- Pregnant, trying to fall pregnant or breastfeeding
- Cold sores
- Severe Latex allergy
- Active Eczema or Psoriasis impaired barrier of skin (must wait for skin barrier to repair first)
WHAT IS A PRO POWER PEEL?
Pro Power Peel is the fastest and strongest chemical peel without damage to the skin for use by skin therapists. It has minimal downtime (any stronger you have to go to a medical professional where you would have at least 1 month downtime) and the lowest PH allowed in the U.K, the lower the PH the stronger the peel.
This treatment is a chemical peel created for controlled trauma to the skin replenishing collagen and elastin. We have different choices of peels to suit different skin types
- Ultra Bright = brightens dull skin, minimises fine lines and hydrates with 30% lactic acid AHA, mucor fungal extract, phytic acid (rice bran), grape juice extract and tangerine peel
- Advanced Renewal Peel = fab for ageing skin fines lines and wrinkles reduces appearance of pigmentation with 30% Glycolic Acid AHA, prickly pear flower extract and Phytic Acid
- Power Clear Peel helps prevent breakouts, visibly reduces post inflammatory and hyper pigmentation, diminishes excess oil production 2% salicylic acid BHA 25% mandelic acid (bitter almonds) 15% matic acid!
If we feel your skin needs a boost we may decide to use ultrasonic waves with ionactive serums to boost the peel even further!
These are active ionisable concentrates that are applied directly to the skin. Advanced penetration is optimised with the use of professional modality Ultrasound.
Retinol 1% IonActive
Firms to reduce visible signs of skin ageing perfect for mature or prematurely aged skin (not for pregnant/lactating clients)
Hyaluronic Acid IonActive
Relieves dehydrated and/or sensitised skin.
Brightens hyperpigmentation for a more even skin tone.
Controls and prevents Adult Acne breakouts ideal for more acneic skin.
The cumulative results over a series of treatments include:
- As much as a 10% increase in natural collagen production
- 48% increase in natural elastin production
- 35% increase in blood circulation
Peels work best in a course of 3 or 6 seasonally in autumn, winter or spring to avoid UV Exposure 2-4 weeks apart for ageing/ acne, 3-4 weeks apart for mild sensitivity and then you can go on to have one every 4 weeks for regular maintenance if you wish! Your skin usually looks its best 10 days after the peel. You can get some redness, dryness and peeling a few days following your peel. It is essential you are able to follow the Peel Post-Treatment Instructions & Aftercare. Please read through before booking to see if you could follow this advice. Please also note this treatment is not a summer treatment as it’s crucial you avoid direct daylight exposure for 2-3 weeks after your Pro Power Peel.