- 55 mins
- Step it up a level with our luxury Dermaplaning Facial, a relaxing indulgent treatment personalised to you ensuring you get that ultimate glow!
- Cleanse, Tone, Enzyme Exfoliation, Dermaplaning, Extractions as needed, Serum, Professional Mask with chosen touch therapy (we recommend a relaxing scalp massage OR shoulder and neck massage), Eye Cream, Moisturise & SPF
- 40 mins
- This is the classic dermaplaning facial, an effective and efficient treatment for those who are short on time or wish to keep it simple but want that skin glow! We use all professional grade skin care Dermalogica products. Cleanse, Tone, Exfoliation, Dermaplaning, Serum, Eye cream, Moisturiser & SPF
Clients unable to have this treatment are those who are/have…
- Current inflamed acne lesions
- Skin cancer
- Active cold sores
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Open skin lesions
- Inflamed Rosacea
- Use of Accutane currently or in the past 6 months
- Use of prescription retional within 48 hours of treatment
- Under 18 years of age
WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning has quickly become one of the most sought after beauty/cosmetic treatments. A firm favourite amongst A listers, dermaplaning is known as ‘The Red Carpet Treatment’. This professional medical grade exfoliation treatment has been practised by dermatologists and cosmetic therapists since the early 90’s, and until recent years, had been one of the industries best kept secrets!
Dermaplaning is a mechanical and superficial form of exfoliation safely exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of vellus hair (peach fuzz). It is a completely pain free and relaxing treatment. Dermaplaning works by using a surgical steel blade and making small etching movements across the skin to reveal a smoother and brighter complexion. It can be used alone, but the best results can be achieved when using a light enzyme exfoliant.
Dead skin cells and fine superficial vellus hair are gently removed allowing skin care products to be more easily absorbed but also allowing make up to sit more smoothly on the skin. Dermaplaning can be used on almost all skin types except clients with active breakouts (acne) or excessive laxity in the skin. Clients with sensitive skin can have this service but it is not recommended for those who have eczema, dermatitis & inflamed rosacea. Dermaplaning is a great form of exfoliation for pregnant ladies who are no longer allowed to use chemical/enzyme exfoliants during their pregnancy. We use all professional skincare grade Dermalogica products to complement our Dermaplaning services!
What results can I expect?
Immediately after the treatment and for up to 24 hours after, you may have a slight pink complexion and can experience slight itching or a tingling sensation. This is completely normal and will usually start to subside after around 20 mins. The noticeable ‘peach fuzz’ will be gone and you will be left with smoother brighter skin.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Reveals healthier, brighter more radiant skin.
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines and pigmentation
- Increases the absorption of skin care products
- Immediately improves skin texture
- No Downtime
- Removes unwanted peach fuzz
- Primes skin for other facial treatments
- Allows better application of make-up