- 55mins approx.
- Skin Test Required
- Tattoo removal is a process where you will need to mentally and financially commit to a course of at least 3-4 treatments so we can begin to see some results! Initially, the pigment may look darker before it gets lighter as pigment that sits deep in the skin comes up to the surface. For some clients the goal is complete removal, others are looking for lightening so the area can be re-worked.
- During the removal process, we are assessing and responding to the pigment, how deep it sits in the skin is the area saturated. The fresher the tattoo, the easier it is to remove. The more colour boosts and longer the pigment has been there the harder it is to remove and in some cases you to go for laser removal will be advised so please email full face photos in natural daylight along with a close up of each brow using the outer camera lens (not selfie mode) so we can help advise and manage expectations before booking.
- 55mins approx.
- Skin Test Required
- FOR EMERGENCY REMOVAL PLEASE CONTACT US STRAIGHT AWAY AS WE HAVE ONLY A 48HR OPEN WINDOW TO DO THE REMOVAL BEFORE THE HEALING PROCESS STARTS – we get bests results at this stage!
- (If new brows are left longer than 48hrs then the earliest time we can treat them is once they have finished flaking and have healed)
- Please note we are usually booked up months ahead so if you do need emergency removal this might not always be an option but we will do our best to help you and accommodate you even if this means referring you to another specialist in the area so please reach out as soon as you can.
Salt and Saline is as a solution that, along with the correct removal method is a simple and safe method of tattoo removal. It is commonly used on semi-permanent makeup procedures that are no longer desired. The main ingredient used Sodium Chloride (Salt). When the sterile salt solution is implanted into the unwanted tattoo ink via specialised tattooing techniques, the osmotic process is induced which successfully attracts the fragmented ink particles, this drawing them out of the skin.
This method is highly effective and commonly used within the initial stages of permanent cosmetics correctional work to lighten ill-placed, badly shaped, discoloured cosmetic enhancements.
Suitable for all skin types
Incurs minimal scarring
Most natural method
A salt and saline solution is not colour selective and is equally effective upon all ink colours
Suitable for old and new permanent cosmetics and tattoos
Hair growth is not affected within the treated area
The technique used for salt and saline tattoo removal is very similar to techniques used for administering micropigmentation, which you might already be familiar with. The puncturing of the skin will open the area and will create an environment for the salt and saline to enter and the osmotic process is induced which successfully attracts the fragmented ink particles, thus drawing them out of the skin. Clients should expect to need between 4-8 procedures before achieving the results you are looking for. Every client is different and will needs different treatment plan depending on the severity of the previous pigment coverage and depth.
What can you expect during and after the procedure?
During treatment, you can expect some minor bleeding and some bruising. The treated area will also be tender for a few days. The skin should scab over and heal over the course of a few weeks. Fading will happen gradually over several months. The scabs that form will fall off and remove old pigment with them.
How long do I need to wait between each salt and saline removal session?
6 weeks between sessions is best and a course of 4-8 sessions is usually required. If you then wish to have a new set of brows after removal we suggest waiting 12 weeks after last removal session. The process can’t be rushed and is essential the skin has completely healed before we start further work. This is not a quick turn around and you must be committed to your appointments to see the best results.
For those looking for brow correction – removal and then new brows created we offer a discount on your new brows if you have more than 4 sessions of removal booked (£50 discount will be applied onto your new brow treatment price)
The brows will need to stay dry for 10 days or until the flaking has stopped. You will be given exact aftercare which must be followed for best results.